Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Voice Mails from My Mom


Andi and I are going to start a new blog that features voice mails from our mothers. We both love our mothers dearly, but must admit that their technological skills are lacking and their ability to ramble on aimlessly is second to none.

Because I can't yet figure out how to transfer my mom's voice mails to the blogosphere (perhaps that lack of technological prowess is an inherited trait), I'm going to provide you with a transcript of my most recent favorite...

"Trinks, it's Mom and it's twenty till seven on (pause) Tuesday. I just dialed your number... what I thought was your number... and got this foreign person and I thought it was Sammy acting silly. (Laughs.) I started talking like the foreign person and then they handed the phone to someone else and the kid said, 'Well, who do you want? Who do you want?' I said, 'I think I have the wrong number.' Anyway, your card came today and it was adorable and Janet called me this morning and said, 'Trina looks like a school girl in that picture.' And I said, 'That's what I keep telling her.' (Pause.) Oh! I found a pair of glasses in the twin bedroom and they're very thick glasses. I wondered if Sammy was missing a pair. They're kind of small. So... can you call me back? Love you guys. Bye."

Seriously. I can't make this shit up. I adore my mom and everything about her. She has progressed from saying, "Trina? Are you there? Pick up if you're there!" into my voice mail, but she still never ceases to make me giggle.

No comments: